Psychedelic Gong Bath: 19th Feb
- Mon 19th Feb 2018, 8pm – 10pm
- The Round Chapel, Hackney
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for Psychedelic Gong Bath in the spectacular main theater of the Round Chapel in Hackney, known for its incredible acoustics.
As you lie on a mat on the floor, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of beeing 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feelings of timeless nothingness, ecstasy and bliss.
Kat Bumbul/Sound Mysterium is experienced and gifted sound healer, working with gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and her unique voice. She is also a skillful ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy.
More about Kat and her work: www.soundmysterium.com
* Doors open at 7.45pm for 8.15pm start and the session lasts over an hour
* No entrance after 8.15pm please
* Please bring a blanket and a mat if possible ( yoga mat is fine). A sleeping bag is a good option too. A limited quantity of blankets will be available.
* At the end of the bath, you are welcome to stay for tea.
These events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at. The gong sound experience might feel as a psychedelic experience on it's own. The Psychedelic Society does however organise ‘Psychedelic Experience Weekends’ - for more information, please visit http://