Psychedelic Gong Bath
- Mon 24th Sep 2018, 8pm – 10pm
- The Round Chapel Auditorium, Glenarm Road, London, UK
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to email@example.com
'Psychedelic experience without psychedelics'.
As you lie on a mat on the floor, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of beeing 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feelings of timeless nothingness, ecstasy and bliss.
To get the best out of the experience, please:
* KEEP YOURSELF WARM & COMFY - wear warm clothes, thick socks and bring a sleeping bag + mat/mattress to lie down on. During the session the temperature of the body often drops, and the chapel space might feel a bit cold even on warmer nights, so please come well prepared.
* COME WITH NO EXPECTATIONS and with an open mind.
* POSITION YOURSELF WITH YOUR HEAD FACING THE GONGS.
* WEAR AN EYE MASK or put a scarf on your face to cover your eyes which can enhance your visual sound experience.
* CEREMONIAL GRADE PUERH TEA will be available before the beginning of the session for a donation of your choice. It significantly affects subtle and physical energies in the body, especially chi (qi), and brings an additional mysterious effect to any meditation.
* TAKE YOUR TIME TO DIGEST THE EXPERIENCE - give yourself a bit of time for introspection (you can put some insights in your notes) and to share your experience with others over a cup of herbal tea served after the gong bath (free).
Facilitator: Kat Bumbul/Sound Mysterium
Kat is experienced and gifted sound healer (10 years), working with gongs, old Himalayan singing bowls and her unique voice. She is also a ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy. Kat is available for private sound sessions inc singing bowls sound massage, also hand/energy healing, Kashmiri Shaivism practices, shamanic quest&healing, workshops and retreats.
More about Kat and her work:
*Doors open at 7.45pm for 8.15pm start and the session lasts over an hour.
*No entrance after 8.15pm please.
*It is essential to bring a mat/mattress & a sleeping bag or warm blankets.
Please note, these events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at. The Psychedelic Society does however organise 'Psychedelic Experience Weekends' - for more information, please visit http://psychedelicsociety.org.uk/experience-weekends)