- Tue 30th Jan 2018, 7pm – 9pm
- Aho, Hackney Wick
- Facebook event
- Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychedelics can grant us access to the highest categories of subjective states, a chance to have a cheeky peak at the transcendent and discover new ways of relating to existence.
But as our main man Alan Watts once remarked:
"Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen..."
Our answer to brother Alan is this newest offering: ‘Psychedelic Meditation’
Integration means learning from a new kind of experience and then re-arranging one’s whole sense of reality: a sense of self, of ethics and what you think is 'really real'. A regular meditation practice is key to this transformation, and we are creating a ritual space to do this work together.
- Sacred & Silly: We are talking monkeys learning meditation: we don’t do overly sincere here.
- A held space: explore your interior world in a safe environment
- Not just you: Cultivate and deepen your practise among fellow Cosmonaughts
- No taboo: a meditation class where your most far out experiences can be shared
What is our intention?
- To expose you to different meditation methods so you can build a meditation practice that is as informed and effective as possible.
- To play with and cultivate familiarity with a greater range of subjective states
- To help earth the perspectives that flow from the psychedelic state so that they become embodied, inseparable parts of your personality and memory.
- To deepen your capacity to handle future psychedelic experiences.Who will be guiding the sessions?
The sessions will be facilitated by Michael Matania, a London based meditation teacher who co-created 'Mindkit', a London-wide programme with the mental health charity 'Mind', which introduced 16,000 young people to meditation. Michael is also the co-founder of 'The Present Moment Project' where he teaches meditation to organisations and the public, with an emphasis on reaching the most marginalised and hard to reach groups.
This event is sold out
Missed out on tickets to Psychedelic Meditation? Join the waitlist, and if we are able to issue more tickets, we'll get in touch. We'll also add you to our mailing list so you hear about future events.
Bought a ticket, but now can't make it?
List your ticket on Ticketswap