Psychedelic Men's Circle: You and your box
- Wed 12th Sep 2018, 7pm – 9pm
- Aho Studio, Prince Edward Road, London, UK
- Enquiries to email@example.com
In what ways does your culture keep you in a box?
As young boys grow up, we psychically internalise a whole host of beliefs & idea's from the culture we grow up in - about who we are, how we should behave and what we can express. This is a smart survival mechanism, because by internalising this structure we help to keep ourselves safe - from disapproval, ridicule, rejection and isolation. We keep our heads down and fit in with our family, peers and wider culture.
The problem is that this box that once served us is now massively outdated. We have outgrown it, and it no longer serves us. It holds us back under the guise of playing safe.
This box funnels us into such a restricted bandwidth of personal expression that it leads to deep frustration and sadness within us.
In this men’s circle, we will be exploring our collective and individual boxes and make an action plan to make this summer the time of tearing it down.
~ ABOUT PSYCHEDELIC MENS CIRCLE ~
It’s clear that the images of adult manhood given by the popular culture are worn out - a man cannot depend on them. As many men have been figuring out, the models that men have been taught to live by do not actually work in real life.
This is a gathering for psychedelic creatures who identify as men to explore together what a man is or could be in our times.
Over the coming year, we will explore our experience of manhood including:
- Opportunities to drop the mask and connect with other men authentically and vulnerably
- Learning to be as comfortable in our bodies as we are in our heads
- Explore our relationship to the Feminine (Yin) and Masculine (Yang) both inside and outside of ourselves.
- Explore to the Archetypes of the King, Warrior, Lover and Magician.
- Help and challenge each-other to show up in the world more fully – a sons, fathers, brothers, lovers, friends and allies.
We especially welcome transgender men and non-binary humans who were assigned male at birth.
The workshop will be co-facilitated by Michael Matania, a meditation teacher and resilience specialist with the charity Mind.